Prince Albert is the prettiest of all Karoo towns. Nestled at the foot of the majestic Swartberg Mountains, at the very edge of the Great Karoo, Prince Albert is a very special place where people come to find tranquility, inspiration and the Lamb, fruits, cheeses and hospitality for which the region is famous. It is also very much still a working “dorp” with a vibrant and diverse local community.
- Take a bus tour to learn more of the history of the town and its beautifully preserved Cape Dutch, Victorian and Karoo architecture
- Drive the Swartberg Pass
- Visit the Prince Albert Art Gallery – where many South African artists work is on display
- Visit the Francois Pienaar museum, one of the
only museums with a license to make and sell witblitz
- Ramble on the koppies surrounding the town
- Visit one of the smallest vineyards in the country and taste it’s award winning “Soet Karoo"
- Visit the local dairy and taste (and buy) some of its international recognized cheese’s
For more information take a look at